Monday, August 8, 2011

Yeah, Its Been A Minute...

Life sometimes becomes a bit too real for me. Its that crazy artist shit, ya know how it is.

I tried out a blog that was connected to my website for over a year and it was a royal pain in the ass, so I'm back to the old trusty Blogger!

I'm making some big music life changes lately and I need to jibber jab about it a lil bit. I have been newly signed to Threadhead Records with my partner in musical crime, Paul David Longstreth. Paul David and I put together some miscellaneous crews of musicians which was aptly named, The Bootleg Operation. We got together last year to do a very successful tour in Brazil. We realized that even though the Atlantic separated me from them, we had to make this project continue. Threadhead Records agreed. We are creating a great collection of tunes to keep the mind, ears and body tingling. Super sweet musicians, Paul David Longstreth on piano, Mitchell Player on bass, Ocie Davis on drums, Grammy Award winning arranger, Alonzo Bowens on sax and ME singing and giggling!!! Yes, yes, yes. Its blowing up!!!



Here on the other side of da pond, a new CD was released at MoldeJazz 2011 in Norway. Ytre Suløens Jass-ensemble & Tricia Boutté - Live At Molde Jazz!

The National radio NRK, did a live broadcast/recording of our set at the festival last year. It was a fantastic recording, great atomosphere and lovely audience. I'll have a link to purchase that CD on my website, soon, soon!

2 comments:

  1. ....and the bEAT goes on tEEdY ...one LOVE...one <3....one desTINY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cd,Live At Moldejazz,fantastic sound.

    Little sad that this was the last recording with Kåre,but good luck too Sturla(he was`nt too bad).

    I can warmly recommend the cd,buy it if you has`nt done it already.

    ReplyDelete