Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oslo Jazz!!

I'm here in sunny Oslo for Oslo Jazz Fest 2011. First performance is tonight at Oslo Domkirke, 19:00 with YSJ. The second performance is on Saturday night at New Orleans Restaurant, 21:00. I'm looking forward to the festival this year for a few reasons, it's been a while since I've done Oslo Jazz, I was in Brazil last year doing a festival there when the festival in Oslo was going on so, T C Hawkins filled in for me singing with YSJ. This year Allen Toussaint will be doing a solo set, so I'm looking forward to that, I haven't seen him since he played Molde Jazz along with Elvis Costello. Another highlight is Vernel Bagneris and Morten Gunnar Larsen doing their off-Broadway hit Jellyroll! A tribute to Jellyroll Morton. I mentioned in one of my earlier posts how great it is to see folks from home at these European festivals. It's a blast!

The church concert here in Oslo is also very emotional. Its the first time I've been back in Oslo since the awful attack that happened last month. When we went to the church for soundcheck, the grounds around the church are still covered with flowers and candles and people are placing more every day. The inside of the church was also filled with people lighting candles a in memory of those who lost their lives on that day. Tonight's concert is foe them.

Later-fa-you!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I just wanna thank you for two fabolous conserts under OJF 2011.

    The consert in Oslo Domkirke was amacing,almost full curch and a warm,emotional feeling.
    You maded it too be an unforgettable memory.

    At N.O.Restaurant it was also a lot of audiences and you also there filled the room with a warm,friendly tuch.

    That`s a thing I like so much about you;you capability and talent too making people feeling that you talk too each and everyone in the audience.

    thank`s a lot again 8-)

    ReplyDelete