Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Grasp On Home

I've noticed that the two things that I use to maintain my grasp on home are Facebook and NFL.com. Some people use Facebook as a platform, some use it as a pick-up spot, some use it as a forum, some as a PR machine and some as a photo-blog. Its my connection to home. I look a few times a day when I'm able, to see what the folks back in New Orleans are up to. When I read the posts about the concerts they'll attend that evening and the photos that very often accompany that event, the crawfish boils, birthday parties, secondlines, backyard barbecues, neutral ground family picnics or just sitting on the front porch door-poppin', I don't feel so far away.

NFL.com, GamePass. The best money I could ever spend. I overdose on highlights, opinions, sports documentaries and the bonus of getting to see what ridiculous new commercials are on in The States. This is another thing that makes home not feel so far away. My family sometimes gives me a hard time about being a big gadget geek, but my gadgets are my lifeline. To be able to watch the Saints games at the same time my friends and family are watching and be able to go on Facebook or Twitter and talk trash with them, makes me feel as though I'm sitting on the sofa next to them and not across the Atlantic from them.

Now, I have to go because there are back to back specials on Shannon Sharpe and Marshall Faulk on NFL.com and I have to check that out. Later-fa-you!!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Tricia ..I'm still dreaming about the day I will be able to watch you singing..for now is a dream...You are a great singer.. just amazing..God Bless you..Im so proud and glad to have you on page in Facebook;.... A lot of sucess and God bless you Star!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear sister in-law, I have an idea. I say this year we watch the super bowl together! Maybe you can come to AZ. I can't wait to see you again, and I love being able to read up on how things are going with you. Miss you tons. Love Mel

    ReplyDelete