Monday, November 19, 2012

My Siberian Journey...Vol 3.

My set at the SIbJazzFest was awesome!! The concert was in a sold out theater holding 1000. The band, Siberian Jazz, was fantastic. Outstanding musicians and truly lovely gentlemen. This festival is handled beautifully and professionally by an outstanding group of people from the Novosibirsk Philharmonic. I was in closest contact with Natalia, Anastasia, Aliona and Marina. Fabulous ladies who make it happen!! I so enjoyed working in Novosibirsk and I look forward to an opportunity to do it again and often.

It's funny the misconceptions that we have of a place before we go. During the reign of Tzars and during the earliest days of Communism we've heard stories of people being exiled to Siberia, so still, today we assume its some barren land of exile. It really isn't. Novosibirsk is a big busy city with so much art and culture to take in.
I will be posting more Festival photos as I get them. Oh! I had a fabulous time! The next time, I must ride the Trans-Siberian Railway!


Later fa you!!
The Jet-setting Diva!

No comments:

Post a Comment