Monday, October 7, 2013

My Music Life is AWESOME!!!


Its been a minute since I last posted here. Its for a really good reason! My music life has been absolutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!! I can say that and mean it from the bottom of my heart. I've been getting to play and tour with some amazing musicians and my heart is full. There's still lots more to come.

YSJE is currently celebrating their 40th Anniversary so we've been playing lovely and exciting sets with members old and new. The band is getting beautiful press honoring their 40 years and its well deserved. They have been icons in Traditional Jazz in Norway and because they have handled the band like we do in New Orleans, by incorporating new, younger members to fill in the places of the older ones who retire or pass on, Ytre Suløens Jass-Ensemble will survive another 40 years!!

My partners in Lyrical Crimes, Paul David & J. Kimberley Longstreth, the dynamic brother-sister duo, have contributed to the latest Funky Butt CD, Shaft, which was released at Oslo Jazz Festival 2013. The three of us wrote lyrics to 3 tunes on the new CD, We Fly To New Orleans, Life & Hot Callas in Olde Treme. I perform the vocals on these 3 tunes so I've had the pleasure of doing Oslo & Sortland Jazz Festivals with the band. We have more concerts coming up this year.

I'm also in the process of getting my paperwork together to go back to Angola, Africa with my great friends in Gumbo!!!! Gumbo joined Paul David and I at this year's New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, thanks to Tom Thompson of The RubyArts Agency, and it was a huge success. We have some more Rikskonsertene Workplace Concert series coming up as well.

So, now you see why my music life has been AWESOME!!!! I am blessed.



































Later fa you!!
The Jet-setting Diva!

1 comment: