Monday, November 12, 2012

My Siberian Journey...Vol. 1

I am off today to perform for a festival in Novosibirsk, Russia. My journey begins with my departure from my home airport, Ålesund Airport Vigra. The first thing that always makes me chuckle a bit is the moment the announcement is made that we will begin boarding, people rush in a mad frenzy to the gate. Now let me begin by clarifying, the gates in Vigra have the check-in and then a sheep-like pen, holding area where you wait again before the door opens to actually board the plane. So basically people are rushing to, wait. They stand, looking like a confused heard of cattle, jammed up in this area, staring at the sliding door leading outside as if magically willing it to open. It used to annoy me, now it's more entertaining, like watching National Geographic Channel.

Finally, the doors open and they rush outside to hurry to the plane. This part I'm all with because in Vigra, in November, it's wet and damned windy! I board the plane and looking to the back where I know my seat to be, I can see someone is sitting in my seat. Now, I make it a practice to do online check-in the day before my flight to be sure I can get the seat I desire. I like window seats. I'm not one who gets up much and I don't want folks moving me to get out. Also, I avoid aisle seats to avoid being crashed into when carts or people are coming. Anyhoo! I get to my seat and tell the gentleman sitting in it, excuse me, this is my seat. He stares at me with a clueless grin, so I show him my seat number on my ticket. As he scoots out and passes me for me to get in, he smells like an entire bottle of scotch. Lovely!! I so enjoy sitting next to the drunkest man in the world on a flight! To make the stench of him even more appealing, he is having some sort of sick love affair with his balls as he sleeps, snores, stinks and continuously yanks at his package for the duration of the flight. Oh mercy, I lead a charmed life! Thank The Lord this flight is only 55 minutes long.

My next flight is Oslo to Moscow. So more to come as I sit in Gardemoen Oslo Airport.

Later fa you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment