Saturday, September 17, 2011

When I Think Of Home

I am HOME!! I made it in Tuesday night to warm, humid, sticky, fabulous New Orleans. As I got off the plane at Louis Armstrong International Airport, the wet heat of the air in my city wraps around me and gives me a big giant hug to welcome me back. One of the airport workers standing at the door of the plane greets me as we make eye contact with, "Hey baby, how ya doin'?" I am in New Orleans without a doubt.

Tonight I went to Chickie Wah Wah and heard Paul Sanchez's set, he had Alex McMurray and Davis Rogan on his set and my dear friend, vocalist, Debbie Davis, the reason I made it out this Friday evening, was a part of the show. I joined in on one song from the Nine Lives set. I'm in New Orleans.

Tomorrow, I'm doing the hang with my grandmother and cousin. Talking present, past and soon come. I'm in New Orleans.

These are some of the things I think about, when I think of home.

Hey y'all, I'm in New Orleans!!!!

Later-fa-you!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:New Orleans, LA

1 comment:

  1. It was SOOOOO great to get some Teedy time, FINALLY! I hope I get to see you again before you go but, if not, hug Lolet for me and come back home soon. Twice a year is not even close to enough.
    love love, love.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete